Constitution Trail Adoption
Heartland Community Church has adopted part of the Constitution Trail for clean up. This is one more way that we may serve our community. Our section of the trail is the very last half mile of the northernmost part of the trail. It is from Northtown Road to the Kerrick corn Elevators. We are required to clean up the trail once a month but would love to do it weekly if we have the volunteers. If you have a group, a family, or you as an individual would like to participate in the clean up, please contact the office at: (309) 452-7335
Weekend Meal Deal
Provide bags of food for the weekend for students who are in need. In partnership with Midwest Food Bank to pick up food that has been designated for this program. Once a month, a group picks up the food at Midwest Food Bank and delivers it at Heartland.
Ways to help:
- Set up tables and help organize food at the church (12-2pm)
- Join with a group to divide the food into bags for the children (5:30-6:30pm)
- Help deliver the food to the schools on Friday morning (9:30am)
Groups, families, and individuals are invited to join us!
If you are interested in serving in this way, contact the office at: (309) 452-7335
Heartland After-School Program
The After School Program is for students from Fairview Elementary School. The program is on Monday and Wednesday afternoons from 2:30 – 4:30pm.
Vision & Mission
The vision of the Heartland Community Church After School Program is building relationships with our neighbors, and showing the love of Christ in action. The mission is providing a relationship-based program, which contributes to the total growth of each child by offering a safe and supportive after-school environment.
- Build a connection with families in our neighborhood in order to demonstrate that we care.
- Provide an opportunity for children to hear the gospel and grow in their understanding of God.
- Teach and model life skills, including respect, responsibility, hard work, and making wise decisions.
All volunteers complete an application, background check, and orientation prior to serving. On-going training is also provided. Volunteers are responsible for reading and understanding the program procedures. Please ask Ron or Marcelle, if you have any questions or need to clarify expectations. If you would like information about this program, or if you would like to volunteer to help, please contact Marcelle Ploense at: email@example.com