What is Heartland Community Church like?
HCC is a group of people from all walks of life who are being changed by Jesus Christ. Every week, we join together to worship God and to experience a relevant and powerful message from the Bible. We are passionate about sharing the love of Jesus by caring for each other and positively impacting our community.
What can I expect if I attend?
- A casual atmosphere. Come as you are. We care about you, not what you wear.
- No perfect people allowed!
- Friendly people
- Today’s music and high impact media presentations!
- Messages relevant to your daily life.
- A safe nurturing environment for your children
- A café with a free cup of coffee and Panera bagel
- That you matter to God – and to us
- Freedom to ask questions
No matter where you’ve been or what you’ve done, we invite you to come, experience the difference.
Are there places for my children?
Yes! We have ministry for children and youth.
- Saturday: Little KidCo for Infants and Toddlers only.
- Sunday: Little KidCo for Infants, Toddlers, 3-4 year olds. KidCo for K-5th Grade. Student Ministry for Jr. and Sr. High students.
When are the services?
All are identical. Saturday, 5;30 pm. Sunday, 9:30 and 11:00 am.
Who can attend services?
All people can attend. All people matter to God; therefore, all people matter to us!
How much does it cost to attend?
Nothing. We do have an offering every week, but it’s not for people who are checking out the church. Heartland is supported financially by the people who have chosen to make it their church home. You won’t find us trying to squeeze cash out of you every time you walk through the door. Giving should never flow out of compulsion or guilt.
How can I connect with others?
HCC offers a variety of small groups. Some are women or men only. Others are mixed or for couples. Please look further at the website or contact our office, (309) 452-7335. We believe small groups are critical for connecting and growing in your relationship with God and others.
What is your mission as a church?
Our mission is to “Connect imperfect people to God and to a community of growing Christ followers!”
What do you envision happening through Jesus Christ and this church ?
Our vision is to be an irresistible place where hurting, discouraged, and lonely people will come and find acceptance, encouragement, and love… and to be an unstoppable force for good in our community!
What do you value as a church?
- Seeking God Actively – Becoming a fully devoted follower of Christ.
- Teaching Biblically – Applying God’s Word to our lives in creative and relevant ways.
- Serving Strategically – Serving others through your unique gifts, talents, and personality.
- Sharing Christ relationally – Reaching out to and investing in those who need God’s forgiveness and recovery.
- Connecting Authentically – Accepting each other unconditionally and doing life together.
As a church, why be so contemporary? What’s wrong with the traditional church?
Absolutely nothing is wrong with traditional churches. People need to worship in places that meet their needs and speak their language, as well as places that will give them a strong foundation in faith. Ours is a generation that has abandoned the traditional church. Every culture and generation must take the timeless truths of the Bible and seek to communicate them in a way that connects with people. That’s our goal.
In an attempt to be cultural and relevant, do you ever water-down the Bible?
No, God’s Word is our final authority. It’s just that so many people in our generation have a tough time understanding Scripture and seeing that it really has practical meaning for their lives. We never ignore truth because we want people to like us, but we will package truth within the language of our culture. That’s why at times in our services you may experience the message as much through the arts as through the speaker.
What denomination are you?
We are a part of the Fellowship of Evangelical Churches, which is a group of like-minded churches located throughout the United States and overseas. We are a group of people committed to being the church as described in the Bible. If you want to know what we believe, check out our missions/values/beliefs on this Web site. We are also a member of the Willow Creek Association of churches, which is an inter-denominational organization of thousands of churches around the world who are committed to using innovative ways to reach people who don’t go to church. All decisions about our church are made here by Heartland leaders. Another thing, we love to work with other churches. We believe that a lack of unity among Christian churches breaks God’s heart and is a waste. You’ll see us partnering with others to make things happen.