New Year: Mission
Listen to audio version
16 Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. 17 And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”Matthew 28:16-20 (ESV)
We as Heartland Church have sought to personalize this Great Commission based on who God has called us to be as a church in and to our community.
Heartland’s Vision Statement (based off Matthew 28:18-20):
Inspiring Love that does Whatever It Takes to Connect People to Jesus, Renew Relationships, and Transform our Cities
My Tests To Succeed
- God, please give me your eyes, ears, and passion for those around me.
- Distractions from this mission often masquerade as opportunities…
- If I don’t design my life around this mission, then I am drifting.
- Only two things are eternal: God’s Word and People.
- I can’t do this alone.
Our Mission for 2021: “To See, Hear and Do as Jesus Did and Does.”
For this is the way God loved the world: he gave his one and only Son that everyone who believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16 (NET)
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.John 3:17 (ESV)
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. John 3:18 (ESV)
19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. John 3:19-20 (ESV)
But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”John 3:21 (ESV)
Do you not say, ‘There are yet four months, then comes the harvest’? Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest.
John 4:35 (ESV)
“I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”Matthew 28:20 (ESV)
Will you imagine with me for 2021 your part in our Vision/Mission?
- Will you pray: God, please give me your eyes, ears, and passion for those around us.
- Will you reject Distractions?
- Will you make it your 1st priority?
- Will you keep eternity in view? Only two things are eternal: God’s Word and People.
- Will you join me? To See, Hear, and Do as Jesus Did and Does in 2021. Together we are more!