EMPLOYEES / EMPLOYERS
5 Bond servants, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ, Ephesians 6:5 (ESV)
Principles for Employees
- Obey with an attitude of submission
- Obey from a sincere heart.
The When and Why:
- Even When they are not looking.
- The Why: We are serving Christ before we are serving our employer.
6 not by the way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but as bond servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart, 7 rendering service with a good will as to the Lord and not to man, 8 knowing that whatever good anyone does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether he is a bond servant or is free. Ephesians 6:6-8 (ESV)
Principles for Employers
9 Masters, do the same to them, and stop your threatening, knowing that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and that there is no partiality with him. Ephesians 6:9 (ESV)
1. Masters, do the same as Employees
- Lead with an attitude of humility
- Lead from a sincere heart. Your attitude matches your aptitude!
- Lead as Christ would lead
2. Masters Respect Your Employees by
- Not Threatening
- Establish Expectations at the Start.
- Lead as One Who Answers to the Same Master.
- You are Both 100% Accountable to God.
- Recognize there Is No Partiality with God.
But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, Philippians 3:20 (ESV)
1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Romans 13:1-7 (ESV)
Big Idea: As employees, employers, and as citizens, we are first for Jesus.