Ephesians 3:14-21 (ESV)For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, 16 that according to the riches of his glory (Revelation 4:2-11) he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Paul’s 3 Petitions
- Prays for strength to come from the glorious riches God gives out of his Abundant Essence
- Prays Christ to dwell in our hearts in love
- Prays that we, together with the “saints”, comprehend God’s unknowable love!
Big Idea: We often attribute struggles in life to some “limitation” of God’s love but sickness, death, and suffering are byproducts of sin; not any reflection of Gods love.
Redemption, Reconciliation, and Our Eternal Inheritance is the byproduct of love.
How do we accomplish this Great Revelation?
- Don’t let the new normal be the new normal
- Make it a priority to be part of community