10 For there are many who are insubordinate, empty talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision party. 11 They must be silenced, since they are upsetting whole families by teaching for shameful gain what they ought not to teach. 12 One of the Cretans, a prophet of their own, said, “Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, lazy gluttons.” 13 This testimony is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith, 14 not devoting themselves to Jewish myths and the commands of people who turn away from the truth. 15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure; but both their minds and their consciences are defiled. 16 They profess to know God, but they deny him by their works. They are detestable, disobedient, unfit for any good work. Titus 1:10-16
How We Can Identify False Truth.
- Empty talk
How We Can Combat False Truth.
False Truth Must Be Silenced
- By removing them from your presence – For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds. 2 Corinthians 11:13-15
- By removing yourself from their presence – Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. 1 Corinthians 6:18-20
A False Truth Teller Must Be Identified.
- They upset whole families (Titus 1:11)
- They devote themselves to Jewish myths and the commands of people (Titus 1:14)
- They profess to know God, but they deny Him by their works (Titus 1:16)
Our Big Idea: The key to knowing what is false is knowing what is true.
Please take time to know what is true. Then silence what is false by removing it from your presence or removing yourself from its presence. And identify false truth tellers by their words, motives, and works.